Scientific and practical conference in Zaporozhye: urgent problems of therapy in the practice of family doctors
On April 15, 2010 the Administration of Healthcare of Zaporozhye Regional State Administration on the basis of Zaporozhye Medical Academy of Post-graduate Education conducted regional scientific and practical conference dedicated to problems of routine diagnostics and treatment in the practice of family doctors. One of the sponsors of the conference was the company “Ananta Medicare”.
During the conference there were discussed urgent problems of cardiology, otorhinolaryngology, gastroenterology, and psychiatry, which often occur in the work of a family doctor. The main cardiologist of Zaporozhye, Candidate of medical sciences Natalya Fedorovna Avramenko dedicated her report to problems of treatment of arterial hypertension and prevention of cardiovascular events with the help of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor Cardipril (active substance: ramipril). Natalya Fedorovna paid much attention to the fact that Cardipril (ramipril) has a number of advantages when compared with other angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors:
- combination of long half-life period (24 hours) with high rate of the achievement of maximal concentration in blood (2-2.5 hours);
- double way of excretion (via liver and kidneys);
- most wide spectrum of indications for use among all angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (arterial hypertension, chronic cardiac insufficiency, coronary heart disease, acute myocardial infarction, diabetes mellitus, and chronic renal insufficiency);
- evident decrease in the risk of cardiovascular event development (by 26%);
- dose-depending antiatherosclerotic action – in the dose of 10 mg, ramipril decreases thickness of intima-media complex of carotid artery by 37%;
- dose-depending influence of ramipril on remodeling of the left ventricle – ramipril use in the dose of 10 mg leads to the change of end-diastolic (-5.9) and end-systolic volumes (-1.9) of the left ventricle;
- evident nephroprotective action (ramipril prevents the development or progressing of albuminuria);
- low rate of side effect development.
Information block of the company “Ananta Medicare” also attracted a keen interest of the doctors, who were present at the conference. Medical representatives of the Company drew special attention of family doctors to clinical advantages of the preparation Cardipril, as well as to the fact that Cardipril presented by the company “Ananta Medicare” is manufactured in accordance with GMP standards, which provides its high quality. At the same time Cardipril is sold at affordable prize, that is why it is the preparation of choice in prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases in patients with different financial opportunities. After the end of the conference family doctors shared their experience of use of the preparations Cardipril, Lipitin А, and Flamogrel with medical representatives of the company “Ananta Medicare” and wished success in promotion of the preparations presented by the Company.